CIPA is the UK’s largest IP organisation and the pre-eminent professional body representing patent attorneys. There are four key benefits to membership:
Status – The title ‘Chartered Patent Attorney’ commands worldwide respect and trust. CIPA protects and promotes this reputation on behalf of its members, while maintaining high standards throughout the UK profession.
Influence – The Institute engages with judges, politicians and policymakers at home and abroad, with greater reach and with more influence than any individual attorney or firm.
Learning – CIPA provides access to high-quality, tailored and cost-effective training resources, including webinars, textbooks and manuals, professional guidance and constant updates and analyses on matters of interest to IP attorneys.
Community – Our members are diverse and mutually supportive. CIPA provides support through the sharing of news, resources and expertise and provides networking opportunities and social events to further strengthen our community.
All members receive:
- A free print and digital subscription to the IP world’s most in-depth monthly publication, the CIPA Journal.
- Free access to CIPA’s annual programme of over 40 webinars targeted at all levels of the profession.
- Discounted rates on CIPA publications and seminar programmes.
- Free access to CIPA’s past recorded webinars.
- Free access to the monthly CIPA Newsletter, including all the latest news, IP events and job opportunities.
- Varied additional benefits available depending on the membership grade.
For more information on how the CIPA supports members, click here.
Types of membership
- Student membership
- Fellow membership
- Paralegal membership
- European Patent Attorney (EPA) membership
- Overseas membership
- Associate membership