This isn’t behind the scenes. This is the heart of the action. During your first year, you’ll be based at one of our Regional Distribution Centres. Here, you’ll rotate through different areas of our business, while we grow your management capabilities. In your second year, you’ll join our Head Office to apply that learning and hone your audit skills. It’s about getting you ready for something bigger. Begin a future as extraordinary as you.
What you'll do
In year one, you’ll complete regional training at a Regional Distribution Centre, which will cover the following areas.
Sales: You’ll begin as a Customer Assistant in-store before working up to Deputy Manager. Here, you’ll learn the basics of Lidl while taking on some management responsibilities, giving you a well-rounded view of how our stores operate.
Logistics: Our training will give you a great insight into our warehouse operations. You’ll learn how to select products for orders, manage deliveries and gain exposure into managing a team of up to 200 people!
Supply Chain: You’ll gain experience in an office-based environment. You’ll learn how to order more than 2,400 products to ensure availability in our stores. And you’ll get a wide overview of supplier management.
Audit: After each training period, you’ll work with Audit colleagues to gain experience in an Audit role.
In year two, you’ll join our Audit team and be based at our Head Office (with national travel), which will include:
- Preparation of audits
- Conducting audits in-store and across other Lidl departments
- Making recommendations for future improvements
- Analysis of audit results and creation of audit reports
- Developing and improving audit concepts and workflows
- Liaising with colleagues nationally and internationally
- Ad hoc projects
What you'll need
- German language skills (this is essential and will be tested during the application process)
- A 2:2 degree or above in any discipline by September 2022 or within the last 2 years
- A full UK driving licence by 1st March 2022
- Flexibility to travel for approximately 50% of the role
- The ability to communicate confidently with people across all levels of the business
- The ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines
- Great organisation skills with excellent attention for detail
- Passion for the food retail industry
- To live (or relocate) within a one-hour commute of Lidl GB Head Office in Tolworth, Surrey
- Experience in either Sales, Logistics, Supply Chain, Audit, HR or IT (beneficial not essential)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel