Sort is Hiring!
Business Development Manager
Work pattern: Full time 37.5 hrs pw
Pay and benefits: £30k pa basic with variable-based commission (60k OTE). Pension via Nest, 28 days leave, flexible working, share options.
Sortyourfuture.com is transforming the way people explore their potential and develop their careers, and revolutionising the way organisations engage with career seekers.
We’re looking for an experienced digital/SaaS sales professional to work with us to build our business-to-business offer, develop relationships with employers, education providers, and brands, and engage them with the Sort platform.
We’re an early-stage business led by a small team with a wide range of experience across multiple sectors and in successful start-up development. We’ve already supported nearly half a million people to discover their career options, and now we’re building our team to commercialise our product.
We founded the company because of our shared belief in:
- Open, equal access to opportunities for all, and the ability to find potential careers, employers, and opportunities based on interests and potential, not just academic performance.
- Creating a better way for employers, education providers, coaches and brands to connect with people who are planning and starting their careers, with a simpler, more cost-effective approach to managing these engagements.
About the role
As our Business Development Manager, you’ll convert leads into new business and manage accounts across our B2B products and services - site placements and campaign packages for employer, education provider, and brand promotions. You’ll contribute to the development of lead-gen, outreach, and nurturing campaigns, and manage leads through nurture phases to conversion, cross/upsell and retention. We’re a small team so you’ll play a key role and will be required to manage customer relationships from initial contact through to ongoing account management. You’ll set up systems, working with our digital marketing team to support the sales funnel and you’ll take ownership of the CRM and reporting against key metrics.
You’ll be confident and experienced in segmenting and targeting audiences, devising lead gen strategies, nurturing leads through to conversion, and negotiating and closing deals.
CEO & Founders, Content and Social Media Manager, Growth Marketing Specialist, R&D Manager.
- Strategy - creating effective new business development strategies and processes.
- Lead generation - working with our marketing team to build effective lead generation systems.
- Sales funnels - building effective sales funnels and managing leads through the funnel to conversion.
- CRM - developing and managing our CRM and B2B customer communications.
- Segmentation and targeting - segmenting leads and customers and targeting high-value relationships for account management.
- Account management - maintaining excellent client relationships and building a profitable long term customer base.
- Retention, cross-sell and upsell - maximising the potential of each customer relationship through retention, cross-sell, and up-sell activity.
- Product and pricing - working with the product team to develop B2B products and services, and contributing to price-setting.
Essential capabilities & experience
- Strong sales and/or business development experience, from strategic planning through to sales execution, ideally within a technical or digital focused organisation.
- Knowledge and experience of the development of B2B sales funnels from lead through to retention and upsell.
- Account management experience.
- Managing and optimising CRM systems and other relevant digital sales tools.
- The ability to develop sales reporting, evaluation, and optimisation systems.
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding of commercial priorities and goals.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and attention to detail.
- Highly personable, you’ll be able to engage potential customers naturally without pushiness.
- A strong work ethic and drive to succeed.
- Independent and resourceful, you’ll be comfortable working remotely.
- You’ll enjoy being part of an early-stage business.
- You’ll take pride in being part of a team that is driving growth.
- You’ll have a desire to grow your role and may have ambitions to develop into a senior sales or revenue leadership position.
How to apply
If this sounds like you - please send a CV and covering letter to this email address.
We believe in the value diverse perspectives bring to organisations and welcome applications from anyone who believes they can be successful in this role. We also want to ensure that our recruitment process is accessible, so please feel free to submit your application in an alternative format and be assured that our selection process will be flexible and aim to accommodate any additional needs you may have.