You will be working within a home setting, to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by Government for the learning, development, and care of children from birth to 5 years old.
Daily duties include:
- Preparing and supervising meals
- Educating children through play and developing their literacy and numeracy and personal care life skills
- Preparing fine and gross motor learning opportunities through arts/crafts, messy play, cooking and physical exercise
- Going on outings
- Nappy changing, toilet training
- General cleaning to ensure a safe environment
- Excellent communicator: with both adults and children
- You need to have a good command of English
- Passionate about children
- Good sense of play
- Creative and energetic
- Self-sufficient: someone with a positive attitude, who can take initiative and be relied upon
5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalents)Future prospects
Level 2 Apprentices are encouraged to continue to obtain their Level 3 as this will lead to management opportunities in their career development.
We are a small business which is keen to grow, the right candidate can take an active role in this development furthering their own career at the same time.Things to consider
Full DBS and a paediatric first aid certificate are required for this role.
Applicants who do not currently possess these but are confident they will pass the DBS check are welcome to apply, as these qualifications can be arranged.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates