Sort is Hiring!
Growth Marketing Specialist
Work pattern: Full time 37.5 hrs pw
Pay and benefits: Salary range £30k - £36k pa, pension via Nest, 28 days leave, flexible working, share options.
Sortyourfuture.com is transforming the way people explore their potential and develop their careers, and revolutionising the way organisations engage with career seekers.
We’re looking for an experienced growth marketing practitioner to develop our digital marketing activity - in particular focusing on user acquisition, retention, and conversion growth.
We’re an early-stage business led by a small team with a wide range of experience across multiple sectors and in successful start-up development. We’ve already supported half a million people to discover their career options, and now we’re building our team to commercialise our product.
We founded the company because of our shared belief in:
- Open, equal access to opportunities for all, and the ability to find potential careers, employers, and opportunities based on interests and potential, not just academic performance.
- Creating a better way for employers, education providers, coaches and brands to connect with people who are planning and starting their careers, with a simpler, more cost-effective approach to managing these engagements.
About the role
Sort’s Growth Marketing Specialist will lead on the development and implementation of data-driven digital marketing strategies across all of our audience groups. You’ll seek to continuously improve our user acquisition, conversion, and retention rates using the most relevant digital tools and techniques.
The principal aim of the role is to support the business to achieve its revenue targets by increasing the engaged and retained consumer user base and lead gen, funnel and retention activity for B2B clients.
You’ll develop, implement, and continuously improve digital marketing activity across the organisation, including but not limited to: Email marketing, marketing automation, PPC, organic search, lead gen and sales funnels, conversion optimisation, affiliate marketing. You’ll also be responsible for monitoring and improving performance using key metrics to drive growth across multiple channels and audience groups.
CEO & Founders, Content and Social Media Manager, Business Development Manager, R&D Manager.
- Marketing automation: Building and managing effective marketing automation systems.
- Email marketing: Managing, implementing and monitoring email marketing campaigns across all audiences.
- Affiliate marketing (inbound and outbound): Building out and managing both inbound and outbound affiliate marketing programmes.
- Paid and organic traffic generation and optimisation: Managing digital traffic generation activities, both paid and organic.
- Funnel building and optimisation: Building, managing, monitoring and optimising sales funnels and conversion journeys across all audiences.
- Customer lifetime value optimisation: Building and managing retention programmes, upsell and cross sell programmes, and optimising overall customer lifetime value across all audiences.
- Reporting and data analytics: Producing regular reports and data insights to enable us to measure performance across key metrics.
Capabilities & experience
You’ll be a highly competent digital marketer with excellent analytical and technical skills across a wide range of digital channels and martech tools.
- Experience of running marketing automation using CRM/email marketing software.
- Experience creating and implementing digital sales funnels that are profitable within a short time frame.
- The ability to generate cost-effective leads with a trackable ROI.
- Understanding of web analytics packages and how to optimise them for data insights and conversion tracking.
- Understanding of all traffic sources, i.e. paid, media packages, PPC, social, referrals, organic.
- Conversion rate optimization and multi-variant testing capability.
- Strong knowledge of key legislation affecting digital marketers and their work (especially GDPR and its equivalents), and experience of running GDPR compliant marketing activity.
You’ll be detail oriented and data driven, with a can do attitude and a willingness to contribute across a wide range of activities. You’ll be comfortable working independently (remote working) as part of a small team, and able to manage your own workload and time effectively.
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding of commercial priorities and goals.
- Excellent time management and remote working skills.
- A strong work ethic and desire to make a positive difference to the organisation and its audiences.
- Strong digital communication skills.
- Analytical and logical thinking skills.
- Alignment with the organisation’s ethos and mission to support everyone into careers they will love.
- You’ll enjoy being part of an early stage business.
How to apply
If this sounds like you - please send a CV and covering letter to this email address. We're really interested in hearing about projects you've worked on so please tell us a bit about your previous work in digital marketing.
We believe in the value diverse perspectives bring to organisations and welcome applications from anyone who believes they can be successful in this role. We also want to ensure that our recruitment process is accessible, so please feel free to submit your application in an alternative format and be assured that our selection process will be flexible and aim to accommodate any additional needs you may have.