Job type

Resort representative

£5.5k - £9.5k

Typical salary

28 – 30

Hours per week

Resort representatives look after holidaymakers during their stay.

More info

  • Look after holidaymakers during their stay in hotels abroad
  • An active role for someone who enjoys meeting and working with others
  • You could progress to work in tourist information centres, for tourist boards or travel agencies


  • Meeting groups of holiday-makers when they arrive at the airport
  • Taking holiday-makers by coach to their accommodation
  • Holding welcome meetings
  • Dealing with enquiries and emergencies
  • Keeping an information board up-to-date at each hotel
  • Arranging and sometimes accompanying excursions and sightseeing trips
  • Arranging car or equipment hire
  • Being on hand to give advice and deal with emergencies
  • You'll also keep records, and write reports about complaints and incidents


You'll be provided with free accommodation. You may also get free flights and excursions and may get bonuses for selling trips and other holiday add-ons. 

You'll often work a 6-day week. Shifts are often 12 hours from early morning to late evening, including weekends. You may be part of an on-call rota system. You could be responsible for holiday-makers across a large area, and travel between hotels or other holiday accommodation. Your employer will usually provide a uniform.

You'll need

This role would be ideals for someone with confidence, an outgoing nature, excellent communication skills, sales skills, and the ability to work well under pressure.

To apply directly for resort representative jobs, you'll usually need to be 18 years old, have experience of working with the public and have four GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) including English and maths.

To work as a children's representative you would usually be expected to have a qualification in childcare, like a Level 2 Certificate for Children and Young People’s Workforce.

You may need specialist knowledge or skills for some holiday jobs, for example, as a winter sports representative you may need to be able to ski at an advanced level.

It can also help if you have a good working knowledge of one or more foreign languages.

You can do a college course like a Level 2 Diploma in Travel and Tourism, which you may find useful when looking for work or you could do a foundation degree, higher national diploma or degree in a subject like travel and tourism, although this isn't essential for this role.


You could progress to senior resort representative or regional manager. You could go on to work in tourist information centres, or for tourist boards or travel agencies. You could also become a self-employed tour guide.