Opportunity is everywhere
Make the most of your time on the road on the platform with the largest network of active riders.
- Set your own schedule: You’re in charge. You can drive with the Uber app day or night. Fit driving around your life, not the other way around.
- Make money on your terms: The more you drive, the more money you can make. When demand is higher than normal, you can make even more.
- Let the app lead the way: Just tap and go. You get turn-by-turn directions, suggestions to help you make more money, and 24/7 support.
1. Sign up online
Got an email address and a smartphone? Great, now tell us a bit more about yourself and we'll get you started.
2. Get a licence
In order to drive on the Uber app, you'll need a private hire licence from a council that Uber is licensed by. If you don't have one, that's OK - we'll help you get started with a personalised Ignition appointment where we offer advice and support after you sign up.
3. Upload your documents
Time for some paperwork. There are a few documents we need to see:
- A valid UK driver's licence. (EU driver's licence needs to be converted to UK driver's licence before onboarding)
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Private Hire insurance allowing you to transport passengers for hire and reward.
- Bank Statement for the bank account that will be used to receive payments from Uber, needs to be under your name or a business which you are an owner of.
- Driver profile photo
Required years of driving experience will vary depending on in which city you are based.
4. Get a vehicle
Which car is right for you? Make sure it meets our standards in United Kingdom, and remember that you’ll make more money if you keep your costs low.
You can still sign up even if you don't have an eligible car right now. Check out our vehicle solutions.
5. Activate your account
If you've completed all the above steps, congratulations! You're ready to activate your account and start making money.