At Sort we take your privacy and the security of your personal data very seriously.
We need to collect data from you to provide services to you, and this policy tells you exactly what we collect, how and why it is used, and the steps we take to protect your data and your privacy.
Please make sure you read the information carefully before using the site and make sure you agree to us using your information in the ways described below.
- We will ask you to provide personal information to help us provide you with the most relevant information and services via Sort
- We only ask for the information we need
- We take security measures to prevent your data from being lost or stolen
- Your data may also be used anonymously as part of our statistical analysis of site use
- We will not share personally identifiable information about you with third parties without your permission
- You may ask for a copy of the data we hold at any time
- You may ask for your data to be removed from our database at any time
If you are under 16 Years of Age
The information we collect
When you use the Service, you may provide certain information (such as your name, phone number, email address, Facebook/Gmail details, age, and location) to Sort. This information may be transmitted, stored and used by Sort to provide you and other users with a better experience.
We may also collect the following information:
- Further demographic information such as your preferences and interests - this enables us to show you relevant content within the site.
- We also collect "Automatically Generated Information" about your behavior during your use of the Service. This information may include IP addresses, type of browser, browser settings, date and time, what features you use and for how long, "cookies", the type and unique number of the device you use to access the Service, your mobile operator, the places within the site you visit and other information regarding your use of the Service.
What we do with the information we collect
We use the information you provide to enable us to provide the Sort service - this includes enabling you to find relevant opportunities and information on the Sort site, and to set up notifications if you wish to receive them. With your consent we may use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to provide and improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new features, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To draw up statistical and demographic data rendered anonymous and used for performance monitoring.
- To serve you relevant advertising, recommendations and suggestions related to the Site/App content.
- To provide your information to third parties according to our legal obligations.
Use by third parties
Without your explicit consent Sort will not sell, rent or share your personal details to any third parties for marketing purposes. We may, however, provide anonymous information that cannot be traced back to you. In aggregated form, statistics may be provided to third parties. Please be advised that Sort never shares ID log-ins, email addresses, passwords, or phone numbers with third parties, unless it is necessary for the delivery of the core Service we offer.
We work with a number of third party partners who help us manage and maintain the Sort site. These include web developers, analytic services and our mobile phone verification service. All third parties are required by law and our contracts with them to manage your data securely and in accordance with this policy. Sort may disclose the information we collect if we believe that:
- we are obliged to do so pursuant to legal provisions; and/or
- we are forced to do so as a result of a legal case; and/or
- it is necessary for the protection of our own rights or property; and/or
- it is necessary to protect the personal safety of our users or members of the public
Facebook and Google login
We use MailChimp to manage Sort’s email lists. This means that your contact information may be transmitted to and stored by the services on their servers in the United States. This data will be held securely by MailChimp and used by Sort only, to send emails to you if you have given your permission for us to do this. You may change these permissions at any time by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in an email, or contacting us at email@example.com.
We use a service called HotJar to help us improve the user experience on our site. This service tracks user behaviour within the site and enables us to spot problems and issues. We will be using Hot Jar during our beta testing phase. Your data will never be used to identify you individually.
Social Media Features
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We will take reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect the information we collect against loss, misuse or any form of unlawful processing. Information on our servers is stored in a secured manner and access is limited to authorised employees only. However, it is important to note that we cannot eliminate all security risks associated with data transmission and storage.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Refusing cookies when prompted as you visit the site.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of your data or for your data to be removed.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The Data Controller for all data gathered via www.sortyourfuture.com is Sort Holdings Ltd, Fair Oaks, Shirley Holms, Hampshire SO41 8NL.
Data Protection Officer
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Our Data Protection Officer is Lucy Griffiths and you can contact them at email@example.com