- Take bookings and provide customer service assistance to hotel customers
- Opportunities to progress into supervisory roles or into hotel and hospitality roles within your organisation
- You may work shifts as part of a team in an office or call centre
- Answering customer enquiries
- Taking bookings and making reservations online and over the phone
- Promoting hotel deals, services and special offers
- Completing customer records on computer systems
- Processing payments
- Dealing with special requests from guests, like organising car hire or booking tickets
- Handling customer feedback and complaints
You'll be based in an office or call centre and spend most of your time on the phone and using a computer.
For this role, you'll need excellent customer service skills, communication skills, and IT skills.
You'll need a good standard of general education, normally including GCSEs. You'll also need good computer skills to use online booking systems.
Previous experience in customer service or sales would be useful but not essential. You could get into his job through an apprenticeship.
With experience you could become a team supervisor or reservations manager, or work with customers face-to-face, for example as a front of house manager.