If you or anyone in your team are looking for financial training and qualifications that boost your chances of exam suc...
- Research and analyse financial products and services and produce guidance and reports
- This is a 'behind the scenes', rather than a customer-facing role
- Opportunities to work for an employer, become self-employed, or progress to become a qualified financial adviser
Work as part of a team that provides professional financial advice to customers to help them manage their money, choose investments, savings, and pensions. Carry out the research and analysis needed to produce reports and advisory information for customers, and then financial advisers present this to the customer.//=nl2br( $texts['main'] )?> //=$texts['hidden'];?>
- Researching financial products and calculating potential risks and returns
- Analysing financial data
- Producing reports
- Presenting your findings to the team
- You might also carry out other administrative and research tasks for the team, and you'll need to keep your knowledge of financial products and markets up-to-date.
The role of the paraplanner is normally 'behind the scenes' rather than customer facing. You'll work in an office.
To become a paraplanner you'll normally need to complete a specialist qualification - the level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning. One route into the industry is to start out in an administrative or trainee role with a company and then move into paraplanning in there. Some employers will fund training for staff they have confidence in, so this can be a good way to get started.
Completing a degree in a relevant subject like business or finance may help you get a traineeship, but you will still need to complete the relevant qualifications so if you are committed to becoming a paraplanner then it's important to consider both routes carefully and decide which is best for you.
Paraplanning is a career option with a growing number of opportunities, and there are opportunities to work for an employer or become self-employed. Although paraplanning is a highly skilled professional career in itself, some people may want to use it as a route into becoming a qualified independent financial adviser.