In the process of making a decision about your future? If you can't decide whether to go to university, do an apprenti...
- Manage a team working in a steel plant to produce metals for industry
- Your workplace is likely to be hot, dusty and noisy, and you'll wear protective clothing
- With experience, become a shift production manager, or move into quality control or health and safety
- Organising shift rotas
- Planning work and setting production targets
- Supervising staff
- Checking quality
- Dealing with health and safety issues
- Troubleshooting production problems with maintenance technicians
- Working out improvements to the production process
- Attending management meetings
You'll be based in a metals production plant or foundry mill. The workplace can be hot, dusty and noisy and you'll wear protective clothing.
This role requires leadership, teamworking, and IT skills.
There are no set requirements for this role however, you'll usually need experience and qualifications in iron and steel making or heavy engineering.
With experience, you could become a shift production manager. You could also move into quality control or health and safety.