If you or anyone in your team are looking for financial training and qualifications that boost your chances of exam suc...
- Manage the team who looks after claims being made from an insurance company
- You'll need excellent team management skills, to be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities, and to be able to motivate staff
- Option to move into other areas of insurance like loss adjusting, broking, sales or compliance
You'll work for an insurance company or insurance broker. You'll usually specialise in one type of insurance, like motor, household or life insurance.//=nl2br( $texts['main'] )?> //=$texts['hidden'];?>
- Managing and coaching a team
- Working with insurance brokers, agents and loss adjusters
- Making sure claims are dealt with according to industry regulations
- Dealing with customer complaints and appeals
- Working on complex or fraudulent cases
- Maintaining quality and customer service standards
- Keeping accurate records
- Being responsible for a department's productivity and targets
You may get bonuses and benefits like a company car, insurance, healthcare and pension.
You might work standard office hours Monday to Friday, or shifts including evenings and weekends if you're working in a contact centre. You'll be office-based, but you might also travel to visit brokers, solicitors, and clients.
This role would be ideal for someone with organisational, administrative, IT, and customer service skills, the ability to lead and motivate a team, accuracy and attention to detail, and the ability to analyse information.
You could start as a claims administrator or handler and work your way up.
You could also go on a management training scheme after A levels or equivalent or you could join an insurance firm's graduate training scheme. Most degree subjects are accepted, although a business or maths-orientated subject may be an advantage. Some programmes accept A level applicants with relevant insurance or contact centre work experience.
Alternatively you could complete an insurance advanced apprenticeship.
With experience you could progress into senior management