45 companies ranked in the NUE Top Medium-sized Placement Providers, and we are thrilled to announce we won! The Nat...
- Manage the sale and promotion of products and services on the internet
- Requires business management and persuading skills and the ability to use your initiative
- Move into senior management roles like sales director and chief executive
As a e-commerce manager, you'll be responsible for the online sales of the brand. You'll oversee the look and feel of the company website and be responsible for generating sales via online channels.//=nl2br( $texts['main'] )?> //=$texts['hidden'];?>
- Researching customer needs and how they respond to promotions
- Creating product listings that appeal to your customers
- Working with marketing teams on social media campaigns
- Analysing web traffic to measure promotion success or make improvements
- Making business decisions about products, pricing and promotions
- Working with technical teams to fix website problems
- Writing management reports on sales performance
- Keeping up to date on competitors' activity and trends in technology
You could work in an office or from home.
This role would be ideal for someone with business management and persuading skills and the ability to use your initiative.
There are no set requirements for this role. You could start working as an assistant in a retail buying or marketing department and become an e-commerce manager through training and promotion.
You could do a foundation degree, higher national diploma or degree in business management, digital marketing, business enterprise or retail management. You can then apply for a graduate training scheme with a company.
You'll find it useful to get practical skills and experience through volunteering for charities who sell items online using websites like Ebay and a work placement in a retail marketing department or marketing agency. Do-it has more information on volunteering opportunities.
Alternatlvely, you can do a digital marketer or retail leadership degree apprenticeship.
With experience, you could move into senior management roles like sales director and chief executive, or set up your own business as an e-commerce consultant.